I like to think of the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day as a Bonus Week! Think of doing some special activities that you usually don’t have time to do. Here are a few fun ideas to get started!
1. Sort your photos.
2. Create a memory book.
3. Knit or crochet a scarf.
4. Read a novel.
5. Try a new recipe.
6. Work a jigsaw puzzle.
7. Have a movie marathon.
8. Browse at a book store.
9. Volunteer at a local charity.
10. Invite friends over for dinner.
After you have some fun, consider doing a few tasks before New Year’s Day.
1. Take down the holiday decorations.
2. Donate the extra donations you don’t need, don’t use, or don’t like.
3. Organize your decorations as you put them away–separate containers for lights, ornaments, stockings, etc. I like the 10 gallon size!
4. Use up the leftovers and wipe out the refrigerator.
5. If the weather is mild, quickly wash the kitchen and living room windows!
6. Treat yourself to a car wash!
7. Recycle or donate all 2015 magazines.
8. Recycle all newspapers.
9. Clean out your stash of coupons.
10. Check your pantry for expired food.
As New Year’s Day approaches, give yourself permission to start fresh.
New adventures, opportunities, and dreams await.
I look forward to sharing 2016 with you!