Organized for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter of Life
by Susan Fay West, CPO-CD/Betterway Home/ 2011/ Available on Amazon
I had the pleasure of meeting Sue West at NAPO 2017 Pittsburgh in April. She has a heart for helping people transition through the different seasons of life. I suppose you could say that this book helps readers plant the seeds for a fresh start! It will help you bloom. 😊
Her premise is that organizing is not just a nice thing to do; it is an essential life skill for every season of life. It helps you process the emotions that come from every direction and to focus on what is really important to you in any particular season of life. Then you are able to visualize and embrace a new season that reflects what matters most to you.
Organizing skills help you create a new happy ending—your own abundant garden!
Here is a sample of the empowering wisdom Sue West offers her readers:
- Life your life in chapters. Know that changes will come your way.
- Take advantage of new circumstances to create new goals.
- Create systems that you enjoy using and that fit your new season of life.
- It is OK to start with small steps; they will eventually bring big results.
- Designate a purpose for each room of your home.
- Give yourself permission to let go of items that no longer fit your season of life.
- Limit, label, and containerize the items you choose to keep.
- Organizing your schedule, especially in times of crisis, can be a lifesaver.
- Take time to set “what matters now” goals.
- Create routines that support the new you!
The following quote from Alexander Graham Bell captures the essence of this book:
I heartily recommend this compassionate book for anyone who is ready to embrace the next chapter of life. She empowers ordinary people to create extraordinary results. A fresh start awaits!